Friday 15 November 2013

Duck the Halls...!

Hello one and all. Friday at last and I hope you are well and looking forward to the weekend.
Martin and I are off out for lunch today to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary ( I WAS a child bride...honest!!) so we are looking forward to some good food. That said, we did have a "bit" of a spend at the beginning of the week so perhaps  Fish and Chips will fit the bill!!

Anyway Sarah stop waffling!! I have a different (for me!) card to share today with NO stamping AND  I have unearthed the sewing machine too. Ta da...here it is...


I've had this Yuletide Wishes CD Rom for some time and although I love the images hadn't actually got around to making anything as it somehow seems like cheating. So I gave myself a slap on the wrist and what the heck...I've nothing to prove so I set to and created this. The decoupage and papers were from the same set so that was an easy match. I then zig-zag stitched the four pieces together onto the backing card and then did running stitch all the way around (pats self on the back!!) to attach to the card base. A few sparkly gems and job done. I'm really rather pleased and the sentiment made me chuckle. Now that the sewing machine is out of hiding I suppose I really should construct the skirt pieces that I've had pinned and tacked for nearly three years...oops, then again it won't be summer for a few months yet so perhaps I'll save it for when the light is better!!

You will find my stitchy card here

Just Inspirational - Stitching
OLLCB - Stitching

Toodles for now and thanks ever so much for your lovely comments,
 I appreciate you spending time with me xx

20 comments:

Sammy said...

This is so lovely Sarah! And such gorgeous stitching! I'm too scared of my sewing machine to go dig it out, though I do so love the effect of real stitching on cards. x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Sarah, I love the image and your stitching looks fabulous.
Sue xx

Sue said...

Me again! Forgot to say Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby, I hope you have a lovely day.
Sue xx

Mojca said...

Waw what a lovely image and a great layout. hope you'll have a lovely anniversary celebration this weekend. Hugs! MOjca

Marilyn said...

Fab card Sarah! Your colours and layout make this image look so vintage and I love it!

Carole said...

Happy Anniversary to you & yours xXx

Fabby card Sarah, I do love ducks
Hugs
Carole xXx

susiestacey said...

Happy Anniversary - hope you are having a nice day and an enjoyable lunch. Lovely card and great stitching - l have quite a few unfinished projects to ..mostly knitting that needs stitching together but the newborns are all now 3 years plus so won't fit, at least the intentions were there lol x Susan x

Debs said...

Happy Anniversary Sarah - hope you had a lovely day.
Your card is gorgeous - the image is beautiful and your stitching is perfect.
Debs xx

Laine said...

Well done on sewing the card Sarah. I look at the sewing machine and it breaks. Fabulous image and design. Happy Anniversary.
Laine
xx

Sue said...

Happy Anniversary to you both Sarah, love this card its so cute made me smile :) and the stitching is fab, one thing I haven't tried yet but would love too. Have a great weekend huggles Sue xxx

Annette said...

Lovely card and the Fish n Chips sound yummy. Mmmmmm.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary, Sarah! Hope you had a lovely lunch.

Gorgeous card (and cards in previous posts as well - I can't keep up with them you post so often!!) - I know just what you mean about feeling that pre-coloured images are cheating. It's exactly how I feel!! And then I go into panic mode when I need a card in a hurry and I don't have time to colour the image - silly or what!!!

Hope you have a good weekend,

Sarah

Karon said...

Oh my goodness this is beautiful. Love that topper and your stitching is fab! Happy Anniversary and hope you had a lovely meal - yummy fish and chips :-)

vic said...

How cute is this card and the duck!!! Love it :) your cards are lovely !!

Vic x

Dawn said...

Such a cool card! I love your design & the stitching!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafting For All Seasons in our Stitching challenge!
Good Luck

Wendi said...

Fabulous card and one of my favourite images from the CD, so nice to see our CD's being used
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Happy Crafting

Ciska said...

Wonderful card, the image is very lovely indeed, I've used it myself as well! Thank your for playing along with us @ Ooh La La this fortnight :)

Unknown said...

wow - your stitching really is phenomenal! Thanks for sharing at Just Inspirational Challenges

Michelle J M said...

A fabulous card Sarah and you have used an Ooh La La image, one of my favourites on the cd. Your sewing is fabulous too. Thanks for sharing with us at the Ooh La La Challenge. Michelle x

Sarn said...

LOVE this card.

Hope you had a good meal out on your anniversary.

Hugs
Sarn x